Monday, September 2, 2013

Welcome To Seminary 2013

Seminary is in session!
Below is the quote that met my students on the first day of class.
As they arrive each day, they open their journals and copy down the quote and questions I have posted on the easel. Usually the quote is something from our lesson that day, but I thought that this was a great thought as we start the early morning Seminary routine. Each day, I feel like I am getting a better sense as to how to incorporate classroom journals more effectively.  They are taking notes during class discussions and many are taking their journal and note taking very seriously. I expect that several students will fill more than one journal during the year.
 This is how my students were greeted on the first day.
S.T.O.M.P.
(Scriptorians Trying Out Moroni's Promise)
 Above the drinking water fountain
 On the way to a fabulous year!!!!

1 comment:

  1. i love this. and love you for your ideas. thanks shauna

    ReplyDelete