(Adapt it for learning a Scripture Mastery verse or learning the Articles of Faith)
- Divided my class into 2 teams
- In the Cultural Hall, I placed 2 rolling chalk boards at opposite ends of the room- not too close to the walls, but with backs facing each other and far enough away that the teams working on the boards could not easily hear each other.
- Without notes or scriptures, we left our classroom and entered the Cultural Hall
- Each team lined up in a straight line, facing their chalkboard.
- When I said go, one at a time, each team member took a turn going to the board to write, in order, one word at a time from the Sacrament prayer. They could choose the bread or water prayer.
- For example: First player wrote, "O", Second player wrote, "God", Third player wrote, "Eternal" and so forth.
- They were allowed to coach each other only if the person at the board could not remember. They had to at least try before they got help from a team mate.
- It was amazing to see how much they did not remember-even the Priests who recite this prayer every Sunday. It was also amazing to see how much they do remember. Some of them surprised themselves.
This was a great activity.
I wish I thought of it earlier and applied it to a Scripture Mastery verse.