Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Making The Scriptures Part of Our Lives-Visual Aid

Showing a bottle of ibuprofen, I told my students that my Doctor recommended that I take 2-3 pills for my aches and pains. Then I opened the bottle, took out a few pills, and taped them to my jacket. I told them I have been using this medication for a few days and it is not helping. Of course, they noted the obvious and told me that I need to swallow the medication and put it in to my body in order to receive the benefit.
This opened the door for a discussion on the need to open our hearts and make the scriptures part of our lives, living the doctrines and counsel vs just reading or not reading at all.
We also discussed the need to do things differently if what we are doing every day does not seem to work.
Lots of great discussion with this visual.
It was effective and when class was over, I went on my way to the next phase of my day. I dropped my children at school and ran a few errands. It was not until my final stop a the grocery store that the clerk checking out my groceries asked me WHY I have pills taped to my jacket. 
If you are a Seminary teacher, you can relate to this. 

I am sure I provided some staring entertainment for many people while I was out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment